If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact our Legal Dept. using the contact information below.
Information We CollectWriterAccess.com is committed to helping match users who are seeking writing services ("Clients") to users who are providers of writing services ("Writers"). Accordingly, we collect user submitted personally identifying information and other information specific to the services requested or provided. As part of providing you our services, we may obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us on forms that you enter on the Site or that you provide to us in writing.
- Information that you provide to us by telephone, such as when you contact our customer care department.
- Information we receive automatically when you visit our web site. Please see "Cookies and other Technical Data" below.
- Information from third parties, including verification services, payment processing services, and other online and offline sources.
We may also collect information about third-party references from Writers. This information may include the name, phone number, and email address of the third-party reference. This information is collected when a Writer creates or updates their profile. This information is collected so that a Client or WriterAccess.com acting on behalf of a Client can contact the third-party reference to verify information provided by the Writer. The information collected about third-party references will not be used for other purposes including marketing. If a third-party reference would like to have their information removed from WriterAccess.com, they can contact WriterAccess.com Member Care.
If you use our blog on this Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this forum.
We use the information we obtain to develop and deliver our services and to fulfill legal requirements. We limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers and to administer our business.
Providing your information is voluntary and you can always choose not to provide it by choosing not to use our Site, services, or features.
As is true of most web sites, when you visit our Site we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. We gather technical information about your computer such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, pages visited, manner of connection to the Internet, and referring URL. We use this information in aggregate to analyze trends and administer our service. The information that we collect through log files is not tied to personally identifiable information.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve or track ads on our web site and other web sites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other web sites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Third Party Information SharingThe information collected by WriterAccess.com is used in the operation of the Site, including the sharing of certain Client information with prospective Writers and vice/versa. In addition, we may share your personal information with third parties that offer related products or services. However, we will only do so with your consent.
- In order to provide our services, we may share any of the information we gather about you with agents and service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as to send email, host videos (if you decide to post one to your account), or process credit card payments. In addition, address information may be shared with a service provider to determine geographic information. These service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding. We may also disclose personal information as we believe appropriate to enforce or apply our rights under our agreements with customers, to protect the rights, property or safety of WriterAccess.com, our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If there is a change of control in WriterAccess.com's business (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), its customer information could be sold as part of that transaction and your personally identifying information potentially could be used by the purchaser. However, if that business materially changes this statement or the information-handling practices as described in this statement, you will be notified by email and/or through a notice posted on our Site, and you will have a choice as to whether your existing information is used in a new manner.
Your ChoicesWriterAccess.com provides users the ability to opt-out of receiving email communications from us. If you wish to cease future communications, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of an email that you receive from WriterAccess.com or, if you are a registered member, by visiting the Profile section of your account.
WriterAccess.com reserves the right to send you specific administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your account. Administrative notices also include notifications of new messages or job postings in your area and responses to jobs that you have posted. You may not opt-out of receiving these administrative emails.
Writers have the ability to suppress certain information, such as their phone number(s), from displaying to Clients. Writers can set such preferences in the Profile section of their account.
Your Access to Personally Identifiable InformationIf your personally identifiable information changes, you may update this information by logging into your account and accessing the "Profile" section within "My Account". If you no longer wish to participate in our service you may contact WriterAccess.com Member Careand request that your account be closed.
How We Protect Your InformationWriterAccess.com is committed to earning and keeping your trust and we understand the need to keep your information secure and private. As a result we have implemented industry-recognized safeguards to protect your information. These safeguards include:
- We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer), the industry standard method for computers to communicate securely without risk of manipulation or recipient impersonation. We utilize SSL in the online registration process, in the login process, and in the account management section of the Site.
- WriterAccess.com uses encryption technology to protect sensitive information such as credit card information.
- WriterAccess.com employs firewalls and system monitoring to protect against unauthorized access of our systems.
GDPR Data Subject Requests
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) provide certain rights to the data subjects and WriterAccess wants to make sure you are fully aware of those rights and how you can exercise them. Every data subject is entitled to the following:
The right to access – The right to access copies of your data with us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – The right to correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete, we are going to correct or complete it for you.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions, because sometimes there is other law or regulations that doesn't allow certain data to be deleted.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, also under certain conditions according to other laws and regulations.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by WriterAccess, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that WriterAccess transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
ideaLaunch, Inc DBA WriterAccess.com
831 Beacon Street, Suite 144
Newton Centre, MA 02459 USA